Sunday, September 11, 2016

Vampire Academy: Last Sacrifice - Richelle Mead

6527740Afbeeldingsresultaat voor academicus vampyrus offergave

Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules. She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir's Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardians to come.

Now the law has finally caught up with Rose - for a crime she didn't even commit. She's in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She'll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.

But the clock on Rose's life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back...and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your whole life is about saving others, who will save you?

Rose Hathaway is still a child
Don't get me wrong, Rose has experienced a lot of growth, but she's still such a child at times. I mean, cheating on your boyfriend? Really now? Of course, I was happy when Dimitri and Rose got back together, but Jesus Christ, break up with your boyfriend first.
Other than her whining and her being a little full of herself (which is completely fine), she is very smart, beautiful and has definitely got some sense in her head, instead of those cheesy heriones. 
She's so loyal to Lissa, and I love that so much. They have a perfect friendship, it sometimes seems like Lissa knows what Rose thinks, even though the bond only goes one-way.

Dimitri slowly becomes his old-self
Throughout the book, you could see Dimitri was slowly starting to accept himself and forgive himself. It took him a long while, but partly because of Rose, whom he could lean on, he started to feel more, even love. 
Dimitri is one of the most smartest guys I have ever read about. Maybe because he isn't a teenager, he was so down-to-earth and wanted to make the best decisions. When Rose told him she loved him he wanted what was best for Adrian, and told Rose to break up with him first, but Rose seduced him, and well, it was bound to happen anyways. I just love him, love how serious he is. It's so different from the douchy romance guys you have in other books. 

Murder of Tatiana
Wow, I know this happened at the ending of the fifth book, but it still is SO SMART. Richelle Mead is so amazing, it all fits together so perfectly. At a given moment wanting to know who the murderer was just so agonising I had to search up spoilers, causing the ending to be way less shocking for me.

Lissa becoming queen?
After the murder of Tatiana, elections for a new queen are held. Without her will, Rose and Christian make Lissa a part of it. However, not able to win because a family line has to at least have 2 members. 
Rose knows more about this, she breaks out of prison with the help of her friends and goes to find Lissa's possible sibling with Dimitri and Sydney. When I found out who the sibling was, I was just so amazed. It was such a good choice! The author is seriously amazing at twisting the plot.

Sydney
I don't think I've ever actually written about her, but Sydney is so great. Even though she's human (technically, she's an Alchemist), she still manages to bring so much to the book without any supernatural powers. I'm really happy she got a spin-off series (Bloodlines), I'd love to see more of her and Sydney x Adrian seems really interesting.

Sonya Karp is back?
After the first book, I was still so frustrated by Sonya. I wondered where she was, if she would be able to get back, and after her former-boyfriend talked about her again I knew she would. So when it finally happened in this book I LOVED IT SO MUCH. That reunion warmed in the end warmed my heart.

The ending
That ending was definitely something. I was happy with my Romitri, but I was a bit sad some other thing happened. What's gonna happen to Lissa now? Will it affect their friendship? Bloodlines is definitely on my list, I'm really curious as to what's going to happen to them after a supposedly 'happy ending'.

Overall, I'll give this book 4,5/5 stars. The ending wasn't that 'peaceful' (that feeling you get when you read the last book in a series) for me. I still love the books so much, they're probably my favorites.


Title: Last Sacrifice
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Vampire Academy (book 6) 


Dominique
(I'm sorry I didn't post anything last week, school started for me and I didn't get any time to read, please bare with me :))


No comments:

Post a Comment