Friday, July 21, 2017

The Lunar Chronicles 3: Cress - Marissa Meyer



Afbeeldingsresultaat voor cress bookAfbeeldingsresultaat voor cress korean book

In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she's just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a higher price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.

Cover
The cover is not my favourite in the series (left). However, the Korean cover is absolutely gorgeous! I love looking at different covers. I'm a big fan of Japanese covers of books as well. I do like these covers though, because it does have a lot of references as to what fairy tale it is about.

Cress
Cress is my actual favourite character ever. She is so sweet and sensitive, but still bomb as hell. After spending 7 years trapped in a satellite and after never being on Earth in her life, she was finally freed and she and Thorne 'travelled' to Earth. It was lovely to see her adjust to her new environment, even though she honestly didn't get the time to do so. Still, I thought she was great. Not as badass as Cinder and Scarlet, but so incredibly lovely. Her family background was great! I'd have loved to see more moments with her and her father though.

"Captain" Carswell Thorne
My second favourite character. His sarcasm really made this long trip through this book way better. His backstory is really interesting. I loved that Cress still saw the best in him and seeing him gradually falling in love with her I loved even more. I would have probably stopped reading this series if it wasn't for this guy. 

Scarlet and Wolf (Ze'ev)
Meh. I don't really love them anymore. Don't get me wrong, they're likeable and I loved them in the second book, but I didn't really feel anything for them in this book. Wolf is still average, and Scarlet was almost nowhere to be seen. That bothered me a lot, because I really like Scarlet. However, it was interesting to see more of Luna through Scarlet's eyes.

Cinder and Kai(to)
I used to say that I found Cinder boring in the first book. I take that back. She's amazing! How she handles everything is just great and I have massive respect for her. She works really hard and I can't wait to see her beat Levana! I also loved the little Cinder x Kai moments we (finally) got! I can't wait so see more of them, they are so cute. Kai is lovely. Seeing him struggle with the wedding and the engagement and stuff was really cool to see, I love the chapters in which we get to see things from his perspective.

I'm so excited to read Winter! I can't wait, I really want to know how this story is going to end. This was a great book, but maybe a bit too long. The book had a lot of parts that I got bored with. I honestly don't know how to rate it, because Cress is my favourite character after all, but I guess it's a 4/5 stars?

Dominique



No comments:

Post a Comment