Thursday, July 2, 2015

Precious Stone Trilogy: Ruby Red - Kerstin Gier

8835379

Gwendolyn Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful niece Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwendolyn, who suddenly takes her first jump to another time!
Gwendolyn must now solve the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon -the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line- Together, Gwendolyn and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century in London, they can trust.
I love this. Really, I have nothing bad to say about it, it's absolutely perfect. You would think Gideon will be one of those typical douche bags that suddenly turn out to be really nice (okay, he kind of was a douche bag) but the way the author describes him and Gwendolyn/Gwyneth is just amazing. You can feel with Gwendolyn, because she has never been prepared for any of this, but yay Gideon is :).

I love Gwendolyn! She's so upbeat and even though she travels through time and has this badass skill, I could really feel with her and relate to her. She's really clumsy, just like me :). She isn't the best in handling the whole time-traveling situation but she didn't make me feel bad about myself (that's why I don't read many Dystopians, because the protagonists all have these talents and I'm just a girl on the internet).
Gideon was a bit full of himself at first, but I got to know him more and more, which, again, made him actually really sweet. (I'm sorry, I'm just a little bit obsessed with Gideon and Jannis Niewöhner).
This book is for every age and reader, Fantasy/Sci-Fi fans will love this especially.
I'll give this book 5/5 stars, there were literally no flaws.


Extra: A movie is adapted from the book. If you want to see it, click here.



Dominique (@myperfectreading on Instagram)

No comments:

Post a Comment