Saturday, July 25, 2015

Vampire Academy: Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead



Rose Hathaway is a dhampir, half-vampire and half-human, who is training to be a guardian at St. Vladimir's Academy along with many others like her. There are good and bad vampires in their world: Moroi, who co-exist peacefully among the humans and only take blood from donors, and also possess the ability to control one of the four elements - water, earth, fire or air; and Strigoi, blood-sucking, evil vampires who drink to kill. Rose and other dhampir guardians are trained to protect Moroi and kill Strigoi throughout their education. Along with her best friend, Princess Vasilisa Dragomir, a Moroi and the last of her line, with whom she has a nigh unbreakable bond, Rose must run away from St. Vladimir's, in order to protect Lissa from those who wish to harm the princess and use her for their own means.

The cover is not that special, I don't think it suits the book perfectly. To be honest, I like the Dutch cover better. I do like the fence on the book, which you'll find in the book too, Rose, Lissa and the other Moroi and dhampirs can't leave the Academy. 

Okay, hold my purse so I can start fangirling. I WAS SO ADDICTED! I've always been a fan of vampires since Twilight (yeah, I know, still love the story). I read this book in 2/3 days, which is pretty fast for me. I had seen the movie before and I absolutely loved it, so I needed the books! I finally found them so I decided to read them :).

I really, really enjoyed the idea of Rose falling in love with her mentor, who is 7 years older than she is. Their relationship is pretty complicated, since they can't be together because of their work. 

I love Rose, this ass-kicking-sassy Guardian. They only one she really cares about is Lissa, who she has a special bond with since 'the accident'. She always does before she thinks, and has gotten in trouble for that many times.

I'd give this book 5/5 stars, it was amazing and I loved it so much (yeah, I love a lot)

Extra: This book has been adapted to a movie, click here to see the trailer.

Dominique (@myperfectreading on Instagram)


No comments:

Post a Comment