Saturday, June 11, 2016

Fracture Me - Tahereh Mafi


As Omega Point prepares to launch an all-out assault on The Reestablishment soldiers stationed in Sector 45, Adam's focus couldn't be further from the upcoming battle. He's reeling from his breakup with Juliette, scared for his best friend's life, and as concerned as ever for his brother James's safety. And just as Adam begins to wonder if this life is really for him, the alarms sound. It's time for war.


On the battlefield, it seems like the odds are in their favor—but taking down Warner, Adam's newly discovered half brother, won't be that easy. The Reestablishment can't tolerate a rebellion, and they'll do anything to crush the resistance . . . including killing everyone Adam has ever cared about.

Cover
I have said this so many times. But these covers are SO gorgeous and totally give off this fantasy mystery and sadness feel. I think that's why my eyes caught these books when I first started reading them. I would literally buy these just for the covers.

Adam
As you may know, I really liked Adam in the first two books (you can search up my reviews (unfortunately, there is no review for the 2nd/3rd book in the series), but now he's just starting to annoy me. After the break up with Juliette and all. In the first book, you saw him from Juliette's perspective, but now you can actually see how selfish he is. He wants to keep Juliette safe to the point she can't even stand up for herself. My friend expected it already, but after reading this I am totally Team Warner.

Kenji
Oh my god, this character was so pervy but really funny! He made everything lighter and without him I would have laid it down to read it later. He makes sexual jokes and respects both Juliette and Adam. Omega Point is truly like a school, once someone did something it goes around EVERYONE and literally EVERYONE has an opinion on it. Kenji couldn't care less about those rumours, and he just made everything less dramatic.

Storyline
I didn't feel like there was any storyline in this. It kind of just jumped around and didn't have any great surprises. Now, I get it's a novella and isn't a must-read for the series, but I truly got the feeling the only reason I was reading this was because of the details. I kind of missed Juliette throughout the entire book, but I'm looking forward to the last book in the series!

Honestly, I think reading this without liking Adam won't be of much use, but since it's only 78 pages so I'd still suggest it just for the details :). 3/5 stars for me, I'm really anticipating the last book :).

I know this review isn't so long, since this was just a novella and only had 78 pages. Next week, expect a review of a new Iron Fey book :)


Title: Fracture Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me series
Publisher: HarperCollins
Price (Kindle): $2,77
Pages (Kindle): 71

Dominique 
(sorry for this not-so-detailed review, I really don't know what to say about this book to be honest.)



No comments:

Post a Comment