Monday, June 12, 2017

Harry Potter 3: Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor prisoner of azkaban coverAfbeeldingsresultaat voor prisoner of azkaban cover

Harry Potter is lucky to reach the age of thirteen, since he has already survived the murderous attacks of the feared Dark Lord on more than one occasion. But his hopes for a quiet term concentrating on Quidditch are dashed when a maniacal mass-murderer escapes from Azkaban, pursued by the soul-sucking Dementors who guard the prison. It's assumed that Hogwarts is the safest place for Harry to be. But is it a coincidence that he can feel eyes watching him in the dark, and should he be taking Professor Trelawney's ghoulish predictions seriously?

Cover
I had the cover on the right, and honestly, it is not that pretty. But, I am wiling to see past it, because the book is almost 20-years-old. The cover on the left is really cute (Buckbeak!) and the signature-edition cover is also pretty.

Harry Potter
Finally, the year in which he finds out more about his family. It's so weird to see him grow up, and I feel like he understands what happened to him a bit better now. 
Okay, I know that they technically didn't have to fight anyone in this book, but I loved him so much in this book. I loved seeing him so happy about Quidditch and his Firebolt and Hogsmeade and Remus and ugh, I just loved this entire book so much.

Ron Weasley and the year in which he lost his rat (twice?)
Oh, I love Ron so much. He is so dorky and... not special? But because he's friends with Harry and Hermione, it makes him special. I cannot stress enough that Ron should always be appreciated, my favourite little redhead.
Anyway, I felt like this year was all about Scabbers vs. Crookshanks. And, of course, Ron vs. Hermione. I think that his romantic feelings for her might have increased during the course of this book, but that is my interpretation.

Hermione and the year in which she challenged herself a bit too much
Oh Hermione, poor Hermione... She was absolutely amazing in this book! She stood up for herself a bit more, and she realised that she was a free woman (or..whatever). 
However, she challenged herself way too much this time. Which is why she got a bit cranky and tense. This is all explained at the end, though, and for the ones who haven't read or seen Harry Potter, I'm not going to say what it was. 
But anyway, I really love Hermione. She's such a nerd, in a good way, but she's also incredibly brave. I know that I say this in every review, but she's just so special to me (and many others).

Remus Lupin and the the book's plot
Ahh, yes, finally. Remus Lupin is my favourite Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher. He is such a great character, almost like a dad to Harry. I love his secret and his story. 
I loved all the secrets in this book. We got the Marauders' backstory and flashes of Snape's past. Patronuses were also introduced (and Dementors). And of course, Sirius Black! 
The book's plot was pretty much all over the place in my opinion, but it was sooo good. This is definitely my favourite Harry Potter book so far. There was no actual Voldemort, which is really refreshing! 

I love love loved this book! I read 250 pages in a day, because I couldn't put it down. I am most certainly continuing reading these series, even though I was unsure in my review of Chamber of Secrets. I would easily give this book 5/5 stars, it made me fall in love with Harry Potter again.

Dominique





No comments:

Post a Comment