Friday, April 28, 2017

Percy Jackson and The Olympians 3: The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor percy jackson and the titan's curseAfbeeldingsresultaat voor percy jackson and the titan's curse

IT'S NOT EVERYDAY YOU FIND YOURSELF IN COMBAT WITH A HALF-LION, HALF-HUMAN.

But when you're the son of a Greek god, it happens. And now my friend Annabeth is missing, a goddess (Artemis) is in chains and only five half-blood heroes can join the quest to defeat the doomsday monster.

Oh, and guess what? The Oracle has predicted that not all of us will survive.


Cover
Lovely covers, as always. loved the Blackjack (pegasus) reference on the cover. I prefer the left cover though, the right one looks a bit messy.

Percy
To me, Percy is just great. I love it when he reminds you - once again - that his life is a bit of a mess. He always gets in trouble, every dam time. You'd expect that this would make everything kind of predictable, but it wasn't. Every time he gets into trouble, it's still funny. 
For the character, I do not know what to say. Percy is just Percy, a bit of a nerd, but quite funny and precious.

Annabeth
Okay, I'm not going to lie, she is getting more and more annoying. I know that she is in love with Percy and all, but that doesn't give her the right to be so jealous. She doesn't have to drag Thalia down so much, just because Percy hangs out with her. And yes, I do like Annebeth and Percy and I'd love to see them together, but sometimes she's just annoying. Nevertheless, she's a great heroine. She's a great role model, she's fierce and smart, but she still needs help from her friends, so that's kind of realistic.

Thalia
I kind of love Thalia. At first, you'd think she'd be incredibly badass, but gradually, you'll learn more about her life and her fears, and you'll find out that she isn't that fierce after all. She actually has a lot of problems and a lot of daddy-issues (lol, Zeus is her father). I loved the ending for her too, I hope she returns in the fifth book (I've already read the fourth book). 

New Greek creatures/God
The new Greek mythology introduced in this book was seriously amazing. Nico. Finally. Appeared! (I haven't even read the Heroes of Olympus series, but ohmy, do I love the gay relationship) loved the addition of The Hunters, and I loved Artemis. I had some problems with the Hunter Zoe Nightshade at first, but I still fell in love with her. Also, ATLAS ! I really wanted him to appear, because I'd heard a lot about him. Riordan described them in such a great way, again. I can't help flying through his books. 

Overall, this book was another great book in this series. Riordan's books are simply amazing, I can't get enough of them. Because of his books, I can talk to my friends (who have subjects such as Greek and Roman culture) about Greek mythology! These books are just great to learn out of! However, I am noticing that this series is gradually getting darker, but that's probably because they are growing up. Can't wait to read the fifth book! 5/5 stars.

Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment