Sunday, December 13, 2015

Destroy Me - Tahereh Mafi



In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of...
Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.
Wow, I'm so astonished by these covers. I'm not allowed to buy books and I don't want to (I borrowed this at my local library, don't worry I don't do anything illegal :D), but if I could, this would be mine. I simply can't get over how beautiful these trilogy's covers are. It doesn't give away much about the book though, other than the fact Warner is hurt by what Juliette has done to him.
It's a short book cause it's a novella, completely in Warner's perspective. In the book you'll find out who Warner really is. I read the first book a little while ago and posted a review, and a friend of mine told me I was gonna go from Team Adam to Team Warner gradually with the books, okay then, am I Team Warner? Nope, I still don't like him but I've grown some respect for him. Warner isn't so bad and maybe he and Juliette fit better together than I thought.
I can't say much without spoiling the book, only that it was a fun read and I'm totally in love with these series. I enjoyed it less than I did the first one, but maybe that's just because Warner isn't someone for me and Juliette was. I read it out very fast, it has a different writing style than other books I've read, totally 'Tahereh Mafi', that makes it so unique.
Okay, last thing. I highly suggest you start these series. Shatter me (the first book in the Shatter Me series) might look very big and a lot like other books, but it's original and I read it out very fast.
I'll end this review by giving this 4.5/5 stars. As much as I don't like Warner, this is a must-read for book 2 and I liked it a lot!
Title: Destroy Me (Vertrouw Me)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me (book 1,5)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Age: 14+ (don't worry, I wasn't that old either, it all depends on how far you are)
Price : $2,99 (eBook), €9,99 (Hardcover)

Pages: 114
ISBN: 
978-0062085535
Dominique (@myxmasreading on Instagram)


No comments:

Post a Comment