Thursday, December 31, 2015

TOP 4 Best Series Of 2k15

THE LAST DAY OF 2015! This year has gone extremely fast for me. I started many books this year, so why not make my personal 'Best Series Of 2k15'?


1. The Precious Stone Trilogy - Kerstin Gier

I loved these books so much (they're Fantasy), I expected it to be kind of cheesy but they're the best books I've ever read. It has a relatable main female character (Gwendolyn/Gwyneth), a hot main male character (Gideon), it has funny ghosts (Xemerius), secrets, and so much more! I was clinged onto these books the entire time, because it has a lot of secrets and things I wanted to find out. The last book's ending was really strong, I felt slapped in the face for not knowing. I cried, laughed, dropped my book but I was mostly blown away by Kerstin Gier's writing skills.

My reviews for more information:
Emerald Green (coming soon!)


2. Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead


VAMPIRES YES. I'm still obsessed with vampires. So when I watched the movie in 2014 and wanted a second movie (we shall not talk about the second movie), I found out there were books and in July/August I finally started with them. The first book was adapted, so I didn't like it as much as the others, but THE SECOND BOOK, WOW. The ending was so beautifully written, I love Rose (main character) so much, she's so sassy, she cares so much about Lissa (her best friend who she's bonded with), and most of all, she ends up with the HOTTEST DUDE EVER (who's a Strigoi (bad vampires) hunter as well, damn). The endings of these books always hit me in the face and the fourth book had me rolling on the ground because it was so sad but so GOOD. I have only read 4/6 books, but they were amazing and I'll hopefully read them out before February/March.

My reviews:


3. The Iron Fey series - Julie Kagawa


AAAH FAERIES!!!!!
Okay, seriously, faeries are my favourite creatures. I love their rules/habits (they can't lie, they fool you). Because of this book I knew I loved High Fantasy. I read them faster than ever, I always adore characters who used to be 'normal' human beings and suddenly get dragged into this world of magical creatures (Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and the Olympians). And Ash, holy, he's one of those dark males that you can't really get into at first, but when you get to know them, you'll gradually love them more. These books aren't adapted so I didn't have any spoilers and I could picture the people in my head.
I sadly don't have any reviews of these, cause I read them out in the beginning of the year.


4. Shatter Me series - Tahereh Mafi

OOOHHHH MY FAV DYSTOPIAN!
Yes, I normally don't really enjoy Dystopian (High) Fantasy is more for me), but this was so good! I've only read the first 1,5 books (oops), but I still love it so much! I heard loads of good things about these books, so I'll try and read it out very soon!
Even though I haven't read all the books, I highly recommend these!
My reviews:

I hope you all have an amazing 2016, I wish you all the best of luck and many reading experiences <3.

Dominique (@mynewyearsreading on Instagram).



No comments:

Post a Comment